Friday, September 23, 2011

John Murray classes week of Sept. 26, 2011



This week on Tueday the 27th and the following week Tues. Oct. 4th I will be doing a talk/discussion at 1:30 at the Newton JCC. This week's topic is "Manet to Matisse; Painting's Leap of Imagination" on the 4th it is "Isolation as an Art Strategy: the work of Michael Heizer, Jan Bas Ader and Ray Johnson". I hope you will attend (there is a small fee for non-members of JCC).

I may have a model for deCordova classes this week or next (forgive my lack of record keeping so please come with whatever you feel you need to work from the figure. This is not the case for NewArt Center artists.

I noticed that Haim Steinbach (my favorite Israeli artist) is having a show at Tanya Bonakdar Gallery in Chelsea through Oct. 22. One of the first artists to take Duchamp's ready-made concept and run with it, his eye and taste in object selection and presentation is brillantly developed.

Try this yourself and bring an object to class from which to draw, paint and deconstruct. See you next week, john.

No comments:

Post a Comment