Friday, December 14, 2012

John murray classes week of Dec. 17, 2012

Monday the 17th is the last day of class for Oil and Acrylic Workshop and John Murray Medley.
However; there is a makeup day on wed. the 19th for these same two classes due to a storm cancellation for super-storm Sandy.
If you can get to NY during holiday, make sure you don't miss "Matisse: In Search of True Painting"
at the Metropolitan. I am going to go sometime before it closes on March 17, 2013.
He is my greatest painting hero of the last century.
In fact I'd have to go back to the cave painters to find painterly production that stands in beauty, existential awe of existence and plastic ingenuity of his caliber.
If you get there please buy a catalog for your own knowledge and study.
If you have any work you did this term that you want me to look at and comment on please bring it to class.
Thank you for taking my class and I hope you sign up again for the Winter term.
See you next week.
john. 

No comments:

Post a Comment