Friday, January 25, 2013

John Murray classes week of Jan. 28, 2013



What do you make of these images?
I try to avoid politics, but live in a world dominated by tribal nationalism, human interests and competition.
What images do you find emerging in your work, or what do you think of the concept of taking imagery and using it in your art?
The bottom painting that I did last week (over an old painting that artist, Karen Rothman gave me to paint over) seemed to elicit for me some of the visual intensity of the top 2 photos.
With my own work what comes first, next or last in my language is up for grabs.
Where I find my sources shifts and constantly doubles back on itself.
Reading observing and digesting aspects of culture and life feeds on itself and I am wrapped in a world of  visual complexity.
Trying to teach art (painting) is hopeless unless the artist/student emerges herself in the visual world.
See you next week, john.

No comments:

Post a Comment