Friday, January 4, 2013

John Murray classes week of Jan 7, 2013

Welcome all artists in Oil and Acrylic Workshop, John Murray Medley and Supercharged Painting wed am and pm!
Thank you for taking my classes this Winter term at NAC..

Let's start the term off with a self portrait.
I know it seems so obvious, but it has been an art tradition for centuries that still works for me.
Every artist may feel that they are not much, but at the same time to be honest, all they think about.
It is just human nature.
My wife is always telling me that she wishes that every male figure/head that I do is not a self portrait.
I can't help myself, so why not embrace the concept?
The amazing plasticity of painting makes the subject matter immaterial, so anything that gets the process started works for contemporary art.
Please bring paint and canvas, palette, brushes and rags if you are new to the class. And a sense of adventure.
Happy New Year, john.








No comments:

Post a Comment